Ronnie Baker Brooks announces release of ‘Times Have Changed’, his first album in 10 years.
Out on Provogue/Mascot Label Group on 20 January 2017.
Produced by: Steve Jordan
Featuring: Lonnie Brooks, “Big Head” Todd Mohr, Bobby ‘Blue’ Bland, Steve Cropper
Angie Stone, Eddie Willis, Al Kapone, Felix Cavaliere and Lee Roy Parnell.
Brooks, 49, was born in Chicago, and started playing guitar around age six. At 19, he joined his father, Lonnie Brooks
who by then had influenced some of the most well-known bluesman of our history: Jimmy Reed, the Fabulous Thunderbirds,
Johnny Winter, and Junior Wells. For 12 years the two would tour together, putting Ronnie out front with
Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Buddy Guy, and Koko Taylor.
“My whole intention, when I started with Golddigger (his 1998 debut album) and up through this one, was to be
authentic enough for the older generation but have something that the younger generation could latch onto,” says Brooks.
“I try to be that bridge. With Take Me Witcha (2001), I’ve got a rapper on that. On The Torch (2006) we went with
Al Kapone. He’s a bridge. He’s a bridge from blues to hip-hop. With music, it all comes from the heart.
It comes from the heart and from the soul. In blues, it doesn’t matter what you’re talking about, it definitely relates.
“That was my intention on this record: to build that bridge.”
Times Have Changed
- Show Me (feat. Steve Cropper)
- Doing Too Much (feat. “Big Head” Todd Mohr)
- Twine Time (feat. Lonnie Brooks)
- Times Have Changed (feat. Al Kapone)
- Long Story Short
- Give Me Your Love (Love Song) (feat. Angie Stone)
- Give The Baby Anything The Baby Wants (feat. “Big Head” Todd Mohr & Eddie Willis)
- Old Love (feat. Bobby ‘Blue’ Bland)
- Come On Up (feat. Felix Cavaliere & Lee Roy Parnell)
- Wham Bam Thank You Sam
- When I Was We
Get your copy at: